The Atlantic City Day Nursery exists to provide a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for children ages 0-6, that promotes each child’s social, emotional and cognitive development and supports the child’s desire to be a life-long learner.
Founded in 1906, the ACDN is an independent, non-profit daycare and preschool serving Atlantic County and governed by a board of directors. It is licensed by the State of New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services and accredited by the State of NJ Department of Education.
The Atlantic City Day Nursery is committed to providing a healthy, warm and nurturing childcare experience to our community of families.
Message From Erin Brown, Director
I would like to thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your children here at Atlantic City Day Nursery. I understand how difficult it is to entrust your precious little ones and we are all delighted that you found something special about us to help nurture your children’s blossoming potential.
Allow me to introduce myself formally so that you may feel comfortable with my ability and passion to properly lead ACDN as I ignite the creativity and energy of our staff, children and families. I am a proud mother of a 19 month old son, Corey Douglas Brown, who attends ACDN. I am also an equally proud step-mother of 2 boys who live with my husband and I in Egg Harbor Township.
I come from a long line of educators. It is my mission and calling to use all of my talents and strengths to direct children’s growth, learning and development so they may have a healthy, happy, and productive life. It has been this personal mission that has lead me through my previous educational, teaching and administrative experiences. The following is an outline of my academic and work experience with children.
- B.S. from James Madison University, VA
- M. Divinity from Virginia Union University, VA
- M. Admin & Supervision from Virginia State University, VA
- 9 Credits of Ed.D of Educational Leadership, VCU, VA
- Studied Education & Religion in Ghana & Ethiopia
- Principal Certification State Dept. of Ed. VA & NJ
- English Teacher Certification State Dept. of Ed. VA & NJ
- Behavioral Assistant Certification VA, NJ
- Behavior Assistant/ In Home Counselor 2006-Present
- English Teacher 8th-12th Grade 2001-2006
- Middle School Assistant Principal 2006-2009 Virginia
- Elementary Principal 2009-2012 New Jersey
As we get to know each other, I hope to impress upon you my fair, compassionate and honest character. I look forward to this opportunity to work at ACDN, improving the quality of care and education we give to the children of our community.
Read our article “Atlantic City Day Nursery Gets Outside Help to Succeed” in the PressOfAtlanticCity, June 13, 2015